The term “Altruistic Safety” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Altruistic Safety Management Inc. prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada.
Billing and Payment
- A purchase order number is preferred at time of booking to secure date.
- Invoices are issued following the classroom theory training.
- Payment terms: Net 15 days from date of theory program.
- Payment methods: Company cheques, Visa or Mastercard. Please contact the accounting department at (416) 902 – 8910 to make a credit card payment.
- Individual registrants are required to pay in advance by credit card or certified cheque.
Once registration is confirmed, a fee will apply to the postponement or cancellation of a scheduled program, practical testing or training session with written notice of less than 5 business days.
Participants arriving more than 30 minutes past the scheduled start time of theory program may not be admitted entry to the class based on the type of program and at the instructor’s discretion.
Altruistic Safety Management Inc. programs and evaluations are conducted in English and best suited for participants with good English comprehension. Please advise Altruistic Safety Management and/ or the instructor of any English Language Learners (ELL) concerns prior to the start of the course. The instructors will do their best to accommodate, but Altruistic Safety Management Inc. cannot be held responsible for any situation where comprehension was a factor due to a language barrier or impediment.
“If the content or presentation of any Altruistic Safety Management Inc. program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be NO CHARGE”.
- Only participants with a minimum passing score of 75% on both the written exam and the practical operating test if applicable will be issued a certificate.
- If a participant fails the theory test, the supervisor will be provided with a blank copy of a test to administer to the participant. This excludes our Working at Heights program where no re-write is permitted as per Ministry of Labour Guidelines.
- If an experienced operator fails the practical operating test, one re-test is included in the cost if located within the GTA. It is the responsibility of the client to call the office to reschedule a failed practical operating test.
- Practical testing should be scheduled as soon as possible following completion of the theory component. If an operator has not completed or passed a practical test within 6 months of the theory program, certification will not be issued and a refresher program may be required.
Altruistic Safety Management Inc. records and certificates will be mailed out within two (2) weeks of the theory date for programs that do not have a practical testing component. Programs with practical testing will be mailed out as soon as testing is completed, usually within three (3) weeks of the theory date. If there is outstanding practical testing thirty (30) days from the theory date, we will send the incomplete documentation and send updated records as testing is completed.
Ministry of Labour Certificates for the Working at Heights program are typically mailed out within three (3) months of the theory date. Please call the Ministry of Labour directly at (416) 326 – 7786 if you have not received your certificate within this time frame.